Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Display Dilemma: LCD vs LED!

Hi Readers,

Early on, in my adolescence, I had the vision of and knew the future of the Display Industry. I do not know how, but I saw it coming. Then it came and it had hit fast and strong!

When I was in the Engineering college (year 2005), we had the black monolith IBM machines in the computer labs. They looked robust and at the same time unfriendly! Then too we used to spend a few hours with them with regularity and dedication as they were the sole windows to the outside world courtesy, the Internet.

One day, I was walking through the corridors of the college, suddenly I said to my friend, walking by my side, that, "Do you see those Black Monitors guzzling big chunks of electricity".  "Yes", said he. I told him back, "I don't". I promised, without any thought or base, that soon we will be looking at the slick LCD monitors kicking these things out. At that time, I did not know that, to my surprise, the next Monday when we entered the computer lab, what I promised that will happen, happened (I thought God was listening to me or what?)! CRTs were replaced with LCDs. Oh my Godddddd!!!!

Till date, I had assured myself that the above incident was just a coincidence! But cannot now!!

TOO BE Continued!!
{UNFINISHED}

No comments: