Podcast #13 from Oracle's Java blog is out now, posted on Jan 19, 2011. In the 20:44 minute long podcast, the discussion focused on,
1. JDK 7 is feature complete:
The JDK 7 project has reached Feature Complete (FC). This means that development and QA have finished all planned feature and test development work in the release and are moving the focus to testing and bug fixing on all supported JDK 7 platforms. This is a major step towards JDK 7 General Availability (GA) and implies that we are tracking close to the plan published on openjdk.java.net.
For more info, click here.
2. WebLogic 10.3.4 released:
Version 10.3.4 of Oracle WebLogic Server is now available along with the rest of the Fusion Middleware set of products. Here are some of the new features in this release :
• Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software Support
• Support for TopLink JPA 2.0 with patch 9923849
• Enhanced support for Oracle RAC with a Grid Link Data Source
• Certification with JAX-RS Jersey
For more info, please click here.
3. JPA 2.1 and JAX-RS 2.0 JSRs filed:
The formal work on Java EE 7 has started with the filing of two new JSRs :
• JSR 338: Java Persistence 2.1
The Java Persistence API is the Java API for the management of persistence and object/relational mapping in Java EE and Java SE environments.
• JSR 339: JAX-RS 2.0: The Java API for RESTful Web Services
This JSR will develop the next version of JAX-RS, the API for for RESTful (Representational State Transfer) Web Services in the Java Platform.
More info here.
4. Mac OSX Port:
The goal of this Project is to produce a high-quality, open source version of JDK 7 for the Mac. The final release has the following goals:
- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
More info here.
5. Feature Interview of Roberto Chinnici on Java EE Platform Lead on the futures in Java EE
Thanks and warm wishes!
Sunit Ronnie Ghosh